The Internet offers the chance to collect information about site users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However, your privacy is important to us and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The New Zealand Warbirds Association operates the website www.nzwarbirds.org.nz . As part of our operations, we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer.
Examples of these services include:
- Registering for Adventure Rides
- Entering competitions
- Purchasing from our Online Shop.
- Membership Forms
- Using our ‘How to Donate’ page
- Using our web contact forms to contact us.
Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
WHO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
- The information is to be hosted with our service provider.
- Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information will only be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- Only if your prior permission has been obtained would we share the information with specified third parties.
WHAT ELSE WE DO WITH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our site. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g., Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g., Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
WHAT ABOUT OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS?
OPTING IN AND OPTING OUT
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
USE OF YOUR CREDIT CARD
You may have to provide a credit card to purchase products or services from our website. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card details are kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry standard encryption technology to protect your credit card from unauthorised use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may provide links to third-party products or services within our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. You acknowledge that your use of and access to these websites are solely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy policies of these websites to see how they treat your personal data. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
The Privacy Act 2020 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us. Alternatively, you may wish to post your corrections to the attention of:
The General Manager
NZ Warbirds Association Inc
PO Box 28 3049